Program will not run
- If you try to run AutoXChange and get back “Permission denied” immediately then, most likely, the file permissions are such that you do not have execute permission.
$./ax2020 -ver ./ax2020: Permission denied
- Check to see if the executable has execute (and read) permission
$ls -al ax2020 -r--r--r--. 1 scott scott 69269264 May 15 07:58 ax2020
- Change the file permissions to include at least read and execute. The normal permission would be 755, only allowing write permission for the owner.
$chmod 755 ax2020
- Double check to see if the executable now has execute (and read) permission
$ls -al ax2020 -rwxr-xr-x. 1 scott scott 69269264 May 15 07:58 ax2020
- Run the conversion. It should work now.