Tailor Made Software’s® AutoXChange 2020™ (also known as AX2020) is a command-line interface application designed to convert AutoCAD DWG, DXF and DWF and MicroStation DGN format files into a wide variety of formats including:
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF)
- AutoDesk’s Drawing Web Format (DWF)
- Joint Photographer’s Expert Group (JPEG)
- Compuserve Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- and about 50 other formats.
It supports any version of AutoCAD up through AutoCAD 2020 and any recent version of MicroStation.
DXF is employed as the most-commonly used file format for transfer between CAD systems. As such, almost all CAD systems can produce or read it. This support by a wide range of CAD systems provides a mechanism for plot image-based file transfer from almost all CAD systems to the supported output formats.
AutoXchange can be installed and utilized on any server that utilizes one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Window 8 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2000, 2003 or 2008
- Microsoft Windows NT (4.0) or 2000
- Windows 95 or 98
- Red Hat Linux (v6.1 or later) or corresponding CentOS version
AutoXChange 2020 should work on most Linux installations but has only been tested on the systems mentioned
If need arises, AutoXChange can also be utilized via a scripting application to manually convert single files or batches of files.